Nineteen agricultural workers from across Wales, who together have notched up over 900 years of service, will receive a Royal Welsh Agricultural Society Long Service Medal or certificate in recognition of their commitment to the agricultural industry at this year’s Royal Welsh Show.
The recipients of this year’s medals are:
- Gerald Brown, of Glasnant, Caerfyrddin, who has worked within the industry for 60 years, most recently for FAWL as a Farm Assurance Assessor for the past 18 years.
- John Cartwright, of Erw’r Llan, Mold, who has worked for Philip Robinson, Walgoch for Nannerch, Mold 50 years.
- William Edward Cartwright, of Lon Cilan, Cilcain, Mold, who has worked for T Williams & Son, Fforrest Farm Cilcain, Mold for 47 years.
- Aneurin Glyndwr Davies, of Caersalem House, Cwmann, Lampeter, who has worked for W D Lewis & Son, Mark Lane Mill, Bridge Street, Lampeter for 48 years.
- David Davies, of Raglan, Monmouthshire, who worked for Pontypool Park Estate, Pontypool for 46 years and Welsh Tree Services, Raglan Garden Centre for the past 4 years. (50 years’ service in total)
- David Rees Davies (Dewi), of Glanafan, Llanllwni, Llanybydder who has worked for David Thomas Hefin Evans, Mart Office, Llanybydder for 60 years.
- David Tom Lloyd Davies (Dewi), of Glynteg, Llanybydder who has worked for David Thomas Hefin Evans, Mart Office, Llanybydder for 60 years.
- Kenneth Wyn Davies, of Ty Mawr, Tywyn, Gwynedd, who has worked for Sir Meuric Rees, Escuan Hall, Tywyn, Gwynedd for 42 years.
- Robert Henry Hamer, of Maes-yr-Haul, Aberystwyth, who worked for Thomas Tudor, Glanystwyth, Aberystwyth for 7 years and Hugh & Ann Tudor, Tynberllan, Llanilar, Aberystwyth for 39 years. (46 years’ service in total)
- Williams Huw Hopkins, of Penlon Uchaf, Llangwyryfon, Aberystwyth who has worked for the Davies family, Brenan, Aberystwyth for 45 years.
- John Arthur Jones, of Stablau Isaf, Rhiwlas, Bala, Gwynedd, who has worked in the industry for 45 years, most recently for Rhiwlas Farm Partnership, Rhiwlas, Bala.
- Keith Bryn Jones, of Ty Uchaf, Llandderfel, Bala, Gwynedd, who has worked in the industry for 53 years, most recently for the Rt Hon Lord Newborough, The Rhug Estate Corwen, Denbighshire for the past 41 years.
- Raymond Lewis, of Busnant, Llanyre, Llandrindod Wells, who has worked for JED Powell & Son, Cwmfeardy, Abbeycwmhir, Llandrindod Wells for 40 years.
- Doreen Lloyd, of Blaenrhysglog, Llanwrda, who has worked in the industry for 49 years, most recently at JJ Morris Auctioneers & Valuers, V King Thomas, Lloyd Jones & Williams, Whitland Market.
- David Owen, of Pen-Wal, Newborough, Anglesey who has worked in the industry for 46 years, most recently for G Owen, Anglesey Woodfuel, Pen-Wal, Newborough.
- Sarah Jane Price, of Brynllygoed, Abbey Cwm Hir, Llandrindod Wells who has worked in the industry for 40 years, most recently for SVS/Animal Health/APHA for the past 17 years.
- Elgan Iorwerth Thomas, of Ffynnonbedr, Lampeter, Ceredigion, who has worked for WD Lewis & Son, Agricultural Merchant, Mark Lane Mill, Bridge Street, Lampeter, for 51 years.
Previously received medals – certificates
- Richard Tinsley, of Hanmer, Whitchurch, Shropshire who has worked in the industry for 62 years, at PC & EM Edwards, Little Hall Farm, Bettisfield, and RB & LB Edwards, Little Hall Farm, Bettisfield.
- Emyr Lloyd Jones, of Can Y Gwynt, Maes y Garn, who has worked in the industry for 60 years, for Elwyn & Oliver Jones, Ty Hen, Llanrhydstud, and James & Richard Morgan, Maesnewydd, Llandre, Aberystwyth.